Mayfield Community League Board of Directors - Bingo Chairperson
What: Mayfield Community League Board of Directors - Bingo Chairperson
Where: Mayfield Community, Edmonton Alberta Canada
When: Right now the bingos are being held virtually. The time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per month
The time commitment is approximately 12 - 15 hours per month
Details: The board of directors is the legal authority for the community league and is operated in a democratic manner.
General Duties I Requirements:
- A Director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy;
- Commit to the work of the organization;
- Review the board's conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies;
- Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the league's mission;
- Orient new board members;
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings;
- Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff;
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the membership;
- Participate in the development of the league's organizational plan, annual review and budget;
- Approve the budget and other financial matters;
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings; and
- Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Treasurer and prepare all bingo license applications and reports required by Gaming;
- Ensure that all paperwork from bingo events is delivered to the Treasurer in a timely manner;
- Provide updated Executive list to Gaming;
- To attend monthly bingos, if necessary (see Chairperson job description);
- To attend all bingo association meetings;
- To prepare and submit budget annually;
If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our community!